So, Melanie tagged me and now I get to share 7 things about me...
1. I Love Food! All of you already know this, but I can compete with the best of them (even large men) when it comes to eating huge portions. At least I never wasted a date's money when he took me out to eat! I realize this is not a great habit, especially since it seems way harder after 30 to maintain any sort of figure! I think I tried doing the Weight Watchers' point system for about one day before I said, "I'm HUNGRY!!! Forget this!". My mom was way more dedicated and lost a bunch of weight. I just enjoy my food tooooo much! I really don't get those people who eat just because they have to or they'll die. I love going out to restaurants and trying new food. In China, my friends would have me taste everything first and tell them what it was like. The only food I really dislike is spaghetti, so my poor kids never get it for dinner. My favorite foods include but are not limited to the following: anything cinnamon, great Chinese food, cheesecake (& anything made with cream cheese), green olives, Cafe Rio salads (sweet pork), Cafe Rio key lime pie, shrimp, crab legs dipped in melted butter, and lately I just love Greek food like pitas and hummus, yum! O.K., I may never get to number 2 unless I stop now.
2. I am completely uncoordinated when it comes to sports! I have always been more inclined to duck than catch flying objects. It comes down to lack of hand-eye coordination. P.E. was a nightmare for me! A date once took me to play raquetball and told me I just looked like I was dancing around instead of playing. I really wish I was more skilled, because I'm sure sports are fun for those who actually make contact with the ball. Maybe in the next life...
3. I love being outside. I'm glad it's finally cooling off here so we can go outside more! (sad when cooling off means were down to 95 degrees). I really enjoy camping and hiking and I don't mind getting dirty and roughing it.
4. I was very last in the hair line in heaven! All of the thick, long beautiful hair had already been handed out, so I got a few strands of thin, flat, leftover hair that will plague me till I die. Oh well, I really do try not to complain about shallow things that I cannot change. Things like this keep us humble, right?
5. I love going to Broadway plays! Here's a list of the ones I've seen: Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, and most recently, Wicked, which I am seeing again in two weeks!
6. I am a very deep thinker and tend to analyze and over-analyze everything. This can lead to worrying about things I don't need to worry about, and I'm trying to work on this. I tend to think of the worst case scenario and let my imagination run wild until I've created this huge problem in my mind that may or may not ever really happen. I know, I'm a little crazy! I think pondering a lot has a good side, too and I really have learned so much by taking time to be still and reflect on my life.
7. Here's a list of some of my favorite movies: Anne of Green Gables, Count of Monte Cristo, Pride and Prejudice (A&E version), Awakenings, Deceived, It's A Wonderful Life, Christmas Vacation, Meet the Parents, and from my youth: Girls Just Want To Have Fun, Better Off Dead, & Parent Trap (the old one). We had a parrot who could whistle that entire song from Parent Trap, because we watched it so much as kids.
So, now I'm supposed to tag some people, but most of the people I know have already done this. I tag Karin and Kris, since I don't think they have.
We Live! We Live!
3 years ago