Some of our friends have labled us the most "un-lucky" people they know. I have a few "Hammond Highlights" that fully support their theory.
All of these happened in the last week and a half:
- I locked both pairs of keys in the van, so we had to pay 80 bucks for a locksmith.
- Ray was rear-ended on the way home from work.
- The air conditioning in our van decided to stop working right when it started getting hot here.
- I got a flat tire, and while stranded at Firestone, got a call informing me that Marinne was sick and needed to be picked up from school. (Thanks for rescuing us, Mel!)
- We thought it would be a fun Saturday activity to take the fam to the air show at the air force base, which is about 1 hour away. We drove all the way there, parked in the desert at the "park and ride"and waited in the hot sun to be shuttled over to the base. Hundreds of people were standing in line, waiting for buses that never showed up. Did I mention we payed $10 to park and sweat in the desert for no reason? After a while of that nonsense, we packed up and went to lunch instead. This is my picture from the air show:
These are the angry people getting the heck out of there, $10 poorer than when they came.
our luck may be changing, because later that day, Ray found a mysterious $10 bill in our back yard! Maybe the heavens took pity on our sorry state and reimbursed us for the parking fee.
none of the bad stuff really matters because we are lucky enough
to have a baby like this to play with everyday!!!